My future postdoctoral appointment

Next year, I will begin a postdoctoral appointment at Argonne National Laboratory under the leadership of Professor Rick Stevens.

Argonne National Laboratory has 3 Educational Programs for postdoctoral fellows:
  • Argonne Named Postdoctoral Fellowships
  • Director's Postdoctoral Fellowships
  • Division Postdoctoral Appointments

I suppose I will have a Division Postdoctoral Appointment.

According to glassdoor, the average salary is $66,458 !

This will be an upgrade from my current $30,000 / yr scholarship from the Canadian Institutes for Health Research.

Regardless, I will apply for these 3 postdoctoral fellowships:



Program
Organism
Address
Annual stipend ($ CAD)
Annual research allowance ($ CAD)
Maximum duration (years)
Deadline
Fellowships
Canadian Institutes of Health Research
https://www.researchnet-recherchenet.ca/rnr16/vwOpprtntyDtls.do?prog=1907
40 000
+5 000 if outside Canada
5 000
3
2013-11-15
BOURSES DE RECHERCHE POSTDOCTORALE LOUIS-BERLINGUET EN GÉNOMIQUE (B6)
Fonds de recherche du Québec


50 000
0
2
2013-10-05 (pour 2011, à confirmer)
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Canadian Institutes of Health Research
http://banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca/home-accueil-eng.html
70 000
0
2
2013-10-23
BOURSES DE RECHERCHE POSTDOCTORALE (B3)
Fonds de recherche du Québec
http://www.fqrnt.gouv.qc.ca/bourses/Fiches_programmes/index_B3.htm
30 000
0
2
2013-10-02 16:00


I am looking forward to work at Argonne National Laboratory.

My expectations are that I will be programming in C++ and MPI to create super scalable applications to compute important solutions to major society problems.

I already have my email address at Argonne:

  Sébastien Boisvert


Comments

50iemeLise said…
Bravo Sébastien!

Some don't know where there going, I would say it is definitly not your case.

The stronger the mental view the stronger it wil materialize.

Good Luck!

Popular posts from this blog

My 2022 Calisthenics split routine

Adding ZVOL VIRTIO disks to a guest running on a host with the FreeBSD BHYVE hypervisor

Le tissu adipeux brun, la thermogénèse, et les bains froids